Diploma in Sacred Music
The DIPLOMA IN SACRA MUSIC will have a duration of 2 years, a period in which the students will also carry out musical practices in a parish belonging to the Archdiocese of Havana.
- Choral Direction
- Singing Coral
- Sacred-musical heritage: history and analysis.
- Organ: Lic. Moisés Santiesteban (Coordinator of the studies)
- Choral director: Lic. Alina Orraca
- Choir: Lic. Alina Orraca
- Choral singing: Lic. Joanne de la Torre
- Bible: Deacon Lic. Juan Ríos
- Liturgy: Deacon Lic. Juan Ríos
- Sacred-musical heritage: history and analysis: Dra. Claudia Fallarero
This cloister is enlarged every year with the stay of teachers from other centers such as: Prof. Stefan Baier, Prof. Kunibert Schäfer and Msc. Claudia Gerauer (HfKM Regensburg); Dr. María Antonia Virgili (University of Valladolid, Spain); Dr. Miriam Escudero (Esteban Salas Musical Heritage Office).
- Be a student or graduate of the Medium-Professional Level of Music from one of the schools that make up the National System of Artistic Education, or from the Faculty of Music of the University of the Arts ISA.
- Be 18 years of age or older.
- Pass the aptitude tests for piano, singing and choral conducting.
- Approve the interview conducted by Father Yosvany Carvajal, rector of the Father Félix Varela Institute for Ecclesiastical Studies.
- Piano: interpretation of a polyphonic work by Johann Sebastian Bach, 1st movement (Allegro) of a sonata or sonatina, a work of free choice and sight reading.
- Song: a work of free choice and sight reading.
- Choral conducting: work in situ of a work from the sacred-musical repertoire.